Monday, May 31, 2010

Goodbye Asylum.

So the Asylum has fallen.

I feel like I could quote a shit ton of EA's lyrics and throw them back at her, but I'm refraining. I WILL be mature about this, I WILL... lashing out solves little to nothing...

Why does this bother me so much? It's just html. It's just BBCode. Pretty, but that's basically it. I guess I felt as though we had finally achieved utopia. You know, the Asylum would have been just fine if she went and left it alone. But in the end, it's her house and we were all simply guests she invited in. Now she's taking her house back. I guess when she said 'we're taking back the asylum', she was talking about herself. Who knows? She could refer to herself in first person plural, just like I do.

This is hilarious. It really is. It's book worthy and I think I will do something with it. It's tragic, it's nerve wrecking. God, who cares WHY this is a bad idea for her, we ALL KNOW why this is a bad idea. But I won't be some bloody musician's plaything and financial support if she just reats me like SHIT. I'm stronger than that, I'm BETTER than that.

God damn, what have I feel doing. Idolizing a woman who can shred on violin and write good music. Yeah, you know what? She's good. But I'm good also. Hell, I could be better. What have I been doing, standing still in time. Going broke buying her shit when I could have bought a Korg by now.

The truth? When I become famous, I will NEVER do something so horrible to my fan base. I will treat them properly with the respect they deserve. NOT like pets. NOT openly using them for marketing purposes.

I am stronger than this. I am so much stronger...

2 comments:

  1. yes u are!!! focus on this energy into ur own work... show her up!!
    fight for ur life.. dont hide in there anymore..

    maybe thats the message... get out and do something with ur life!!!

    sending u love and support and see u soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't get what the fuck happened to her. I can't shake the impression she's spent the past year or so trying to fill the void of love with fame. Most of her threads were marketing... it really struck me as distant.

    As for smashing the community, well, I don't think thin-skinned people should run their own forums. She had a great opportunity to get ahead of fan dissent and squandered it in a firestorm of vindictiveness. Everything went downhill from there. :(

    ReplyDelete