Monday, May 10, 2010

Ghost

Battered between the floor and ceiling
I no longer have bones to break anymore.
How pathetic it is to complain about something so simple as breathing
My mind is a plague of destructive and murderous thoughts
Whether against others or myself
I have forgotten what it's like to feel carefree and happy

Even the voices have left me.
Even the one I had grown most fond of
We spoke only once but
She was the ideal girl I had painted since I hit puberty
Ghost.

Life is hell
Life is a nightmare
Life is living amongst the living but not living yourself
Life is a sham
Life is sadistic
Life... is something I was never cut out for.

Why me.
Why these genes in this combination
Why this soul in this body in this situation.
Ghost.

Someone begged me today not to kill myself.
He said it was alright to want to as long as I didn't finish the job.
He is my best friend.

And the horrible thing is: I think I'm past the point of caring.

2 comments:

  1. there is a day where breathing is even too painful...
    where u have no choice but to jump....

    i am on the other side of those moments..
    it doesnt get easier..
    but it may get better

    i live for glimmering moments...

    im sending u all the love in the world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listen for that voice, that voice of the ideal girl. She's still in there, but she's trapped and scared and not sure what to say right now. She knows the way through this, but you have to trust her. She will help you.

    ReplyDelete